The Center for Innovation and Technology Transfer (CITT) performs tasks in the area of identification, valuation, protection and commercialization of research and development results and innovations. Our ambition is, among others, to participate in targeted education of the professional public on laser radiation and the application of laser-induced secondary radiation in various industrial and non-industrial fields. We also aim at transferring knowledge from different applications back to the research environment of ELI Beamlines. CITT acts as an intermediary and a communication partner for ELI Beamlines’ external partners, collaborators and users. CITT also provides B2B communication and marketing services. We evaluate innovations and applications developed at or supported by ELI Beamlines in terms of their impact on the entire society, and we strive to identify those that can be helpful and applicable.
Our mission is to create a high quality communication and implementation bridge between research teams operating at ELI Beamlines and commercial and non-commercial partners from industry, medicine and other fields where scientific results are required. We arrange adequate legal protection, support promotion and strive to open the door to both their commercialization and their further development and use.
We want to become a trusted and well-respected partner not only of the scientific teams operating at ELI Beamlines, but also of the other ELI ERIC members. Our activities are focused on the broader professional public, which is or might be involved in the activities of ELI ERIC, too. We want to contribute to stimulating innovation. Through the innovations, we continuously deliver value to the whole society. Our ambition is to build a model of innovation support and cooperation with the application sphere, which would serve as a template for all members of the ELI ERIC Consortium, and to develop a set of “tools” and process steps resulting in the building of solid and functional innovation ecosystems.
To fulfill this mission, we have established five fundamental goals:
- Continuously monitor all activities and results achieved at ELI Beamlines and, in close cooperation with other facilities of ELI ERIC, evaluate their potential for patent protection, license agreements, technology transfer, contract research or the implementation of new educational programs on a regular basis.
- Continuously build an innovation ecosystem with help of modern B2B marketing and communication tools encompassing all key actors from science and practice as well as relevant governmental and non-governmental institutions, universities, etc. Strengthen the relationship and seize the opportunities emerging from this ecosystem. Create a model, including specific “tools” and processes that will serve as a template for all members of the ELI ERIC consortium.
- Provide targeted support for the development of innovations and the search for their true value for the specific fields and the whole society.
- Transfer the results achieved at ELI Beamlines into practice and implement all steps necessary to register patents, enter into license agreements, manage and fulfill conditions of contract research, and offer proprietary experimental time at ELI Beamlines.
- Strive towards building a mutual relationship between the scientific and application sphere (industrial or other) through special educational programs, joint conferences, workshops and other events.