- Both reflection and transmission setups
- Applicable to microscopy (imaging), interferometry, holography, profilometry, polarimetry/ellipsometry
- Classical trade-off between spatial resolution and a field of view
- Simple optical setup, easy to align
- Increases the effect of the object on the amplitude (intensity), phase and/or polarization of the probe
- Two or four-fold increase in measurement sensitivity (SNR) using passive optical elements only
- Applicable to both quantitative and qualitative methods
How does it work?
- Multiple interactions of the probe with theobject employing object self-imaging.
- The self-imaging system can consist of a lensand spherical mirror, or an afocal system oflenses and planar mirror.
Four-pass interferometry setup implemented for low density gas-jet characterization. SNR increases with the number of passes.
Theoretical and experimental know-how and a license to our patent.
Download here: HIGH CONTRAST IMAGING FOR METROLOGY APPLICATIONS