ELI Beamlines is a research facility open to scientists worldwide. Beamtime is free of charge, but experiment proposals must go through a peer-review process. Proposals must be submitted through the User Portal of ELI Beamlines in the frame of specific calls for proposals. As an important condition for access, after the experiments, the authors must strive to publish the results in peer-reviewed journals.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
USER-ASSISTED COMMISSIONING of EXPERIMENTAL STATIONS in the E1 EXPERIMENTAL HALL of ELI BEAMLINES
February 15, 2019 – August 30, 2019
The ELI Beamlines Facility (https://www.eli-beams.eu/en/) invites the scientific community to submit proposals for commissioning experiments in its E1 Experimental Hall that serves experiments for Applications in Molecular, Biomedical and Materials Sciences. The commissioning experiments of new experimental stations will take place between February 15 and August 30, 2019.
We invite specially qualified users to assist with instrument commissioning and to perform early experiments.
The aim of the call is
- to perform high-level instrument commissioning and to initiate high-level user experiments, using the capabilities already in operation in the E1 experimental hall.
- to increase the future value of the experimental capabilities of E1 for the broader user community by ensuring that the final development and commissioning steps are completed in collaboration with leading international experts.
- to train ELI Beamlines scientific staff, user office personnel and support teams together with experienced users in the interactions necessary for efficient user operations.
List of instruments available for user-assisted commissioning, including methods developments and early experiments
- Femtosecond spectroscopy: Femtosecond Stimulated Raman Scattering, transient optical absorption, IR spectroscopy and pulse shaping WEBSITE with the information in the document „Femtosecond spectroscopy“
- MAC: Multi purpose end station for AMO science and Coherent Diffractive imaging WEBSITE with the information in the document „MAC“
- ELIps: Time resolved spectroscopic ellipsometry and VUV material science WEBSITE with the information in the document „ELIps“
- TREX: Station for X-ray experiments, in particular diffraction, scattering, spectroscopy imaging and pulse radiolysis WEBSITE with the information in the document „TREX“
Here you can find information about available lasers and their parameters and the available laser driven secondary light sources and their parameters. You can also find the data policies in place for this call and instructions related to bringing user equipment to ELI Beamlines. Finally you find information about the available Bio and Chemical Laboratory support.