INIVITATION TO ELI AND HILASE SUMMER SCHOOL (ELISS 2016)
DOLNÍ BŘEŽANY, THE CZECH REPUBLIC
21.8. 2016 – 26.8. 2016
ELI Beamlines announce that the ELI Beamlines, ELI ALPS, ELI NP and HiLASE Summer School (ELISS 2016) will be held in Dolní Břežany near Prague, The Czech Republic from Sunday August 21st, 2016 to Friday August 26th, 2016.
The summer school targets students around the world to participate in seminars led by distinguished academics and researchers. This year ELI Summer school will be located in a new ELI Beamlines building in Dolní Břežany near Prague.
Topics of seminars:
- High-power ultrafast lasers
– Generation and amplification of ultra-short laser pulses
– High Average Power (HAP) DPSSL technology
– High Energy (HE) DPSSL technology and applications
- Generation of bright coherent and incoherent X-ray pulses using short pulse lasers
- Free electron lasers from IR to x-rays
- Ultrafast imaging techniques with short x-ray pulses
- Function and applications of short x-ray pulses (including synchronizations)
- Particle acceleration by lasers and applications: proton therapy
- Physics of dense plasmas and warm dense matter, laboratory astrophysics
- Ultra-intense laser matter interaction
- nuclear physics with high-intensity lasers
- Femtoscience: applications in biology, chemistry and solid-state physics
- Generation of Attosecond pulses: Attoscience photonics
Participant Fee: 150 euro
The fee includes accommodation in a double room, daily transport from the students appartments to ELI Beamlines building, refreshment, organizing costs, conference proceedings and lectures visit fee.
ELISS registration form and more info HERE
ELISS Scientific Committee:
Georg Korn, ELI Beamlines, Chair
Stefan Weber, ELI Beamlines, Co – chair
Dimitris Charalambidis, ELI-ALPS, member
Sydney Gales, ELI-NP, member
Catalin Miron, ELI-DC, member
Katalin Varju, ELI-ALPS, member
Peter Dombi, ELI-ALPS, member
Edmond Turcu, ELI-NP, member
Razvan Dabu, ELI-NP, member
IMPORTANT: If you finally decide not to arrive and participate we do not return your already paid fee.
For further information do not hesitate to contact Mr. Michael Vích (email@example.com).
We hope to see you at ELISS 2016 in Prague!