The Science Fair, the most significant popular educational event of the year, is already around the corner. This time, visitors to the 7th edition will be captured by more than 100 exhibits and complemented by an accompanying program through panel discussions, lectures, and workshops. The Science Fair will showcase science and research as a fascinating and essential branch of human activity. Experts will share the latest scientific findings and convince children and adults that science is fun.
The Czech Academy of Sciences will organize the Science Fair at the PVA EXPO PRAGUE exhibition center on 8-10 June 2023. Admission is free.This year, for the first time, you will find ELI Beamlines at a separate stand – The Extreme Light Infrastructure ERIC.
What is a LASER? How can we simulate the dramatic conditions of space with lasers? Can a laser beam reach from the Earth to the Moon? How (un)safe are laser pointers? And is it possible to build a real lightsaber? Come to our booth to get answers to everything you want to know about lasers and the scientific mission of the ELI Beamlines Facility.
- We will introduce you to the world of ultra-intense laser technologies and their applications in contemporary science and research.
- Through the 3D models, virtual and augmented reality, you will be transported to ELI’s laboratories and into the heart of our laser experiments. We will take you to the core of one of the world’s most intense lasers, the L4-Aton!
- You’ll learn all about laser safety – and as a bonus, we’ll test the safety of your laser pointers. Bring your laser pointer; together, we will measure its power and evaluate whether it suits you, your children, or your pets.
- For a while, you will turn into a real scientist. You will try setting up the laser beam using genuine components from the laser lab on the optical table.
- And there will be no shortage of strategy games – this time, we have prepared “laser chess” for thoughtful visitors that combine perception skills with high-tech fun.
Come to the monumental scientific event in the Czech Republic!